2. After downloading the installer from the link above, double click the file and proceed through installation. It may notify you with a "Please wait while we stop the remote.it system services for installation", click "OK" to continue.
3. Accept the "User Account Control" dialog.
4. After the application is fully installed you will see a login prompt. Please login with your Remote.It account credentials.
5. Continue through the prompts to "Install Agent" which is what the desktop app will need to make connections and if set up, allow connections to this Mac. When it prompts you to allow this app to make changes, enter your Windows computer administrator username and password.
6. If you do not need to support connections to this Windows computer, do not proceed with the next instructions. You can either continue to set up other devices which you want to connect to by repeating the guide for adding devices
you want to connect to OR if you already have your devices set up, use the application.
Configure Your Windows Computer To Accept Connections
1. Add this device
Click the "+" Add device button and select "This system". You may see a message from Windows Defender Firewall blocking some of the features of this app, this is due to Remote.It scanning your Windows computer for services which are enabled to help you automatically register services for connection. You can click "OK" and deselect them in the next step.
2. Configure the system for Remote.It connections
Update the name based on how you would like to see it in your device list for connections. The list of services shown and checked are the devices that will be available for remote connection. Select the ones you want. If you do not see the service you want, you can add that later. Click "Register"
3. Remote.It Desktop will notify you when registration is complete. If the status "Device offline" doesn't update in a moment, click the "refresh" button to update. Now add additional services such as Minecraft, Terraria, or another application/service which you can access via a port.
4. Add additional services
Click the "+" Add Service button in the middle pane. Provide a name, port, and service host address (Defaults are provided for most services). Only override default ports, if you have assigned a different port for this service on your device. If you do not see the service type you need, select "TCP" and provide the port information manually.
Repeat for any additional services where remote access is needed, such as Minecraft or Terraria.
From a different computer, use https://app.remote.it
to connect. Select the service you would like to create a Remote.It connection to and click "Connect". Now use this connection information in applications such as terminal, RDP, Minecraft, Terraria, or a browser. When you are done with the connection, click "Stop Connection".